maanantai 30. tammikuuta 2017

And so the adventure begins

I've been staring at this post card on my wall for months now. I put it up right opposite my bed so it would be the first thing I see when I wake up. I have to admit, it's been really inspiring. Kept me holding on to my dream to see the world.

I am writing my first blog post at the airport. I will be writing here every now and then, sometimes in Finnish, but probably mostly in English.

Why am I writing this? What's my plan? Well. A few moths ago I decided to do something different for a change, to get me out of my comfort zone, which I like doing every once in a while. This time I will first take a 2 week holiday in Malaysia with Karin, to have some beach time. After that is when the real adventure begins. Karin flies back home and on the same day, I begin my journey to the Cook Islands in the South Pacific. My plan is to volunteer there as a physiotherapist, and most importantly, enjoy a little time in pure paradise.

Our flight to Doha, Qatar is soon boarding si I'd better take a few minutes to look outside the window since the next time I see this gorgeous view (airport parking lot), will be in May (pun intended).

Nähdään toukokuussa!

Riikka xx

2 kommenttia: